Re: [APD] Re:Blyxa meltdown

That matches with a description I had read of the
performance of Blyxa as an annual. Once it flowers, it goes
away -- you need to get the seeds if you want to keep a
batch on hand.

It wasn't clear to me if that was what Kasselmann was
referring to or just that B. aubertii did not survive long
in an aquarium.

Other than that, she says the stuff is easy to grow.

sh
--- REDRAGON40 at aol_com wrote:

> I don't know whether I had B auberti or some other type
> of Blyxa.  It  was
> growing beautifully in a rainwater tank, pH 6.8.  In the
> space of  about 4
> months, from about 40 leaves, it had close to 150 leaves,
> and was  sending up lots
> of little white flowers for about two weeks.  It stopped
> flowering, started
> "melting", and in three more days was nothing but mush.
> The only thing that
> changed was that some duckweed had partially shaded it,
> although not
> completely.  Any ideas?
>
> Carol

The entries are piling up in
the AGA's Sixth Annual International Aquascaping Contest.

Why not add to the pile?

Enter more than once. Enter entirely electronically for the firt time this year!

All the info is here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org