Re: [APD] Blyxa aubertii

Hello Scott,

Blyxa aubertii is an annual, common in the creeks and other waterways around
here (NT, Australia).   I grow them in my ponds.   Once they set seed they
come up everywhere, grow very quickly and only last about a year.    The
colour varies from light green through red to purple depending on light and
water conditions.

They may live longer in an aquarium where they don't have access to changing
day lengths and cooler temperatures as occurs outside here at the moment.
We are in our dry season here, coolest time of the year and the blyxa seem
to put up many more flowers.

Cheers
Dave