Re: [APD] NO3 limits in planted tanks

Hi Tom,

Thanks for all of the great information.

>>>or that excess nutrients induces algae(other than NH4/unstable  CO2) that
these issues are simply not true.<<<

>>>I'm just sating the upper limit is very high for GH, TE and  Macro
nutrients as well as CO2 and light.<<<

I have a small amount of algae in my 120g tank (some black spots on a few
leaves). I've been using your EI for months now and I am sure that the nutrients
 haven't been low. Since I still have a little alage in my tank after using
the  EI correctly, I guess that would mean that my tank is overstocked causing
to  much NH4, is this correct?

Also I thought that you stated in a previous thread that if there was to
much NH4, that daily water changes would prevent algae from forming, is this
correct?

Last question - OK since I have a little algae now, would I have more or
less with higher watts per gallon? More light would mean more growth and maybe
use up the excess NH4 causing the algae not to form? or since I already have
the  algae would the extra light just cause more?

Bill