Re: [APD] Re: anyone running T5's?6

The actual watts drawn depend on the ballast and bulb
combination. You could actually be running more or less
watts than the rating.

sh

--- jvision at telus_net wrote:

> I totally agree with what Richard wrote - new bulbs do
> make a huge difference.
> However, the bulbs I replaced were less than a month old
> - there was a 5W
> difference between each bulb.  Over a 30gal tank, that's
> a 33% increase in
> light!
>
> Jason
>
> Richard wrote:
> At 08:54 AM 6/6/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >I've replaced 2 of 3 T8s with a couple of T6s.  I never
> heard of a T6 bulb
> >until I was going thru the local Big Al's, and they had
> a full range of
> bulbs -
> >just like the T8s.  They put out a bit more light than
> the T8s and are a bit
> >warmer, but the plants sure like it!
> >I've upped the CO2 and nutrients a bit, and now it looks
> like I've poured
> >champaign into my tank w. all the pearling!  Excellent
> growth, and algae are
> >dying back.
>
> Don't underestimate the point that they're new bulbs
> which always
> work better than the ones you replace. Light decay is
> sharp at the beginning
> then drops off to a slower rate of decay; but when you
> first turn them
> on they're brighter than they'll ever be again.

The AGA's Sixth Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open!

Enter more than once. Enter entirely electronically!

So, get some fresh alkalines for the camera, clean the glass front, back and sides, remove the filter tubes and burping clam, and start snapping the shutter.

Not ready for picture taking yet? There's still plenty of time for planning, planting, pruning before the Septbember 15, 2005, closing date for entries.

All the info is here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org