Re: [APD] Another weird fluorescent

Hmm. A twin-tube "circline". You can measure the diameter
-- is it 5/12s"? That probably would make it the electrical
equivalent of a T5HO or PLL 55w/65w or CF 65w.

However, there are lots of odd ball lamps on the market
with hard to find bulbs -- especially ones that come in a
fixture and have bubls from "China".

Can you tell us how many pins at the base and bulb
manufacturer? Maybe the tube length or overall diamter?

sh

--- "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net> wrote:

> I bought myself this lamp for my birthday; my wife thinks
> got it because of the stunningly attractive deco styling.
> Err,
> yeah it's cool and all but I got it because of this:
>
> http://rd.vrx.net/roundt5.jpg
>
> The whole lamp was only $45 so these must be available
> cheap
> someplace. They're uh, bright as hell.
>
> I'm not sure it's T5 diameter - that's jsut a guess;
> looks
> like it though. The light has an electronic ballast.
>
> I see nothing like it in any of the major lighting
> catalogues.
>
> It must be putting out 3000-4000 lumens, and all in a
> square
> 8 inches on a side or less. Two of these over, say, a 20
> gallon
> tank would have really nice coverage. I like my two 40W
> cf
> but it doesn't exacly distribute over the tank well.
>
> If anybody finds any of these please let me know.
>

> --
>
>  /"\                         / http://lists.aquaria.net
>  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / Killies, Crypts,
> Aponogetons
>   X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
>  / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net

The AGA's Sixth Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open!

Enter more than once. Enter entirely electronically!

So, get some fresh alkalines for the camera, clean the glass front, back and sides, remove the filter tubes and burping clam, and start snapping the shutter.

Not ready for picture taking yet? There's still plenty of time for planning, planting, pruning before the Septbember 15, 2005, closing date for entries.

All the info is here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org