[APD] Re: Excel

I've been using Excel for over a year now in a tank dedicated to growing H. Callitrichoides. It has worked very well for me, initially I was using CO2 but the HC was yellowing a little and there was a little filamentous algae in the tank, since changing to Excel the HC is doing great, greener than ever, the algae is all gone and hasn't come back since. I haven't been very regular in dosing the Excel the last couple months but the tank is still in perfect shape. Oddly, some of the other plants in the tank are not doing as well, but this tank is for that one plant and it seems like it's happy the way it is.

As for the contents on Excel, I had posted this a little while back:
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/showpost.php?p=36497&postcount=50
For the whole thread: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/showthread.php?t=3806

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not but in reading some of the properties of Glutaraldehyde it could be contributing to some of the effects we see when using Excel.

Any thoughts?
Giancarlo Podio
www.gpodio.com