Re: [APD] Re: excel

It's just good ol' polycycloglutaracetal ;-)

Not a garden variety, off the shelf concoction (excepting
Excel itself) although the components are relatively easy
to get.

Consider this thread:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200206/msg00189.html

Scott H.
--- drajitathale <drajitathale at hclinfinet_com> wrote:
> What are the constituents of this "EXCEL"?
>
> Since it is not avilable at my place, is any DIY
> possible(Like PMDD)?
>
> AJIT
> INDIA
>

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:38:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
> > From: Thomas  Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
> > Subject: [APD] Comments about seachem's Excel
> > To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
> >

> > Excel can be used in a similar manner as CO2, if you
> have high plant
> density and moderate to higher light, you can and should
> add  more(just like
> adding more CO2 at higher lighting values).
> >
> > I have found some minor anti algae properties(even
> these are questionable
> and need further study), but after double dosing for 8
> weeks, it did not do
> anything to BBA, nor Cladophora, BGA, Green dust etc.
> >
> > You can get 4 liter jugs from Big Al's I believe.
> >
> > What works well at 1.5 w/gal, will not work the same at
> 2-3w/gal, you need
> to add more if it's your sole source of Carbon. The upper
> dosing limit is
> fish health, just like CO2.
> >
> >  Regards,
> > Tom Barr

The AGA's Sixth Annual International Aquascaping Contest is opening in just FIVE days! The webpage for 2005 entries well be ready June 1.

So, get some fresh alkalines for the camera, clean the glass front, back and sides, remove the filter tubes and burping clam, and start snapping the shutter.

Not ready for picture taking yet? There's still plenty of time for planning, planting, pruning before the closing date for entries -- rumor has it that the closing date will be sometime date in early September.