Re: [APD] Snails

John, Sue, & Brianna Foster wrote:

Seriously,
Pack them up and mail them to me. I can't keep enough going in a 10g and 29g heavily planted tank with one dwarf puffer in the 29.

[snip]

Wish I could get him to eat frozen bloodworms but he only wants live things. Tried, keep trying but no luck. After a full year with him I don't think he's going to go for it.

Sue in NH

They also like live black worms and live adult brine shrimp. I feed the brine shrimp to "enrich" them before feeding them to my puffers. As long as they see it moving it will trigger their feeding instinct. If it doesn't move they won't try it. And since they like to look over their potential prey they can't easily be fooled by mixing some frozen food in with the live stuff.

Later,
Bill