[APD] Re: excel

What are the constituents of this "EXCEL"?

Since it is not avilable at my place, is any DIY possible(Like PMDD)?

AJIT
INDIA

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:38:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
> From: Thomas  Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
> Subject: [APD] Comments about seachem's Excel
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>

> Excel can be used in a similar manner as CO2, if you have high plant
density and moderate to higher light, you can and should add  more(just like
adding more CO2 at higher lighting values).

> I have found some minor anti algae properties(even these are questionable
and need further study), but after double dosing for 8 weeks, it did not do
anything to BBA, nor Cladophora, BGA, Green dust etc.

> You can get 4 liter jugs from Big Al's I believe.
>
> What works well at 1.5 w/gal, will not work the same at 2-3w/gal, you need
to add more if it's your sole source of Carbon. The upper dosing limit is
fish health, just like CO2.