[APD] snails (again)

Dave,  I don't know how effective it would be, but I dimly remember we used to use small turtles of some kind when I had a tank in Queensland about a hundred years ago.  My grandfather went down to the local bilabong and caught them. It was fun watching them chase down and eat the snails.  We'd have to turn the turtles loose after a week or so because they would'nt eat anything else.  I've been here in The US since 1957 and don't remember much about them other than they were native to Austrailia. Hope that will get you on the trail of some help....Jim