[APD] Comments about seachem's Excel

Excel can be used in a similar manner as CO2, if you have high plant density and moderate to higher light, you can and should add  more(just like adding more CO2 at higher lighting values).

I have found some minor anti algae properties(even these are questionable and need further study), but after double dosing for 8 weeks, it did not do anything to BBA, nor Cladophora, BGA, Green dust etc.

You can get 4 liter jugs from Big Al's I believe.

What works well at 1.5 w/gal, will not work the same at 2-3w/gal, you need to add more if it's your sole source of Carbon. The upper dosing limit is fish health, just like CO2.

 Regards,
Tom Barr