[APD] Now, some tedious yeast CO2 questions

Hi All,

The yeast CO2 setup works well as long as the yeast is alive and bubbling (DUH).  Here's the thing.  I read all these reports on the Net about people who replenish the yeast mixture every two weeks but mine is fizzling out after a couple days.  I have 2 two-liter bottles running on a 55 gallon tank.  In each bottle I used this mixture:  1 liter water, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 Tablespoon molasses, 1 Tablespoon protein powder, 1/2 tsp yeast.  I got the recipe from the aquatic gardener's website.  I used regular baking  yeast.  The weather has been warm here, about 80-85 and I'm frugal so I've not been using the a/c, just running the ceiling fan.  Can ambient room temps cause the yeast's life expectancy to drop?  I'm getting a bubble every minute to two minutes if I'm lucky.  A day to two days after mixing the mixture I was getting a bubble every three to six seconds and the bottles were bubbling like club soda.

Holly