Re: [APD] Re: water sprite temperatures

At 09:18 AM 5/16/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Not trying to pass myself off as a taxonomist. However, I
>believe that the name "sillquosa" is from Rataj & Horeman
>for the fine leaf sprite but it's not clear if they were,
>in fact, distinguishing what is C. thalicatroides from C.
>cornuta, which they might possibly have called "pteroides."
>
>The plant with the very fine, Cabomba-ish leaves, has not,
>afaik, been formally classified as a diff species from C.
>thalictroides.
>
>Definitely there are 3 distinct plants: thin, thinner, and
>not so thin plus the very tough leaf version that I believe
>is C. pteroides. Which gives us possibly three species:
>C. thalictroides (with thin and thinner)
>C. cornuta (rounder and not so thin) and
>C. pteroides and, actually (or possibly) two more,
>
>richardii and gaudichaudii but I don't think these lat two
>show up in the hobby.
>
>C. pteroides is usually identified as a broader or rounder
>leaf, which I take to be the much larger leafed plant from
>South America. I can affirm that it does like to spend
>several weeks in transit.
>
>I'm not sure if the name "sillquosa" is still in use.
>
>Even with pics, it can be hard to distinguish some
>"examples" of these from the others.
>
>Erik saved some good summary discussion about this (from
>way back in 1998) on thekrib.com:
>
>http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Plants/water-sprite.html

One thing that struck me in the archived krib discussion was
the mention of a "cabomba-like" more fine leaved-than-silliquosa
variety? I've never heard or seen this stuff, anybody got pictures?

This is the stuff I have:

http://images.aquaria.net/plants/Ceratopteris/sillquosa/

It's the "sillquosa" of the trade.

I found a decent pic of C. richardii: