Re: [APD] Re: Unusual thing to put in an aquarium

It's the latest thing for PC modders as a cooling method.
Disk drives have to be kept out of the liquid -- harddisks
have vent holes to allow pressure equalization when temps
change and to vent any moisture. And CDs/DVDs? Well, the
laser won't track if it has to pass through liquid first.

But solid state components don't mind whether they are in
liquid or gas, so long as there's no appreciable increase
in capacitance between the curcuit traces and, of course,
the liquid must be nonconductive (at least when dealing
with 12 volts or less.

Replacing parts is much messier this way. ;-)

There's a short write on it here:

http://www.eppenga.com/folder.php?id=33

Have oil, have fun,
sh
--- James Purchase <jppurchase at sympatico_ca> wrote:
> I like the emersed growth on the flat ribbon cable!
>
> But I'd expect a nasty shock when you plug the
> contraption in.
>
> James Purchase
> Toronto

The American Cichlid Association Annual Convention
Just the biggest aquarium hobby convention of the year (would Texas have it any other way?)
Ft. Worth, Texas July 21-24   http://www.aca2005.org/