[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 21, Issue 12

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 19:51:18 -0700
From: Rex Grigg <rex at rexgrigg_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Yeast CO2 in 55 gal tank update
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

I don't know why everyone goes to such extremes to get a seal on a
plastic cap.  I have made PVC reactors and several DIY CO2 systems
several DIY bubble counters.  Every one of them had the tubing going
though a hole that was a couple of drill sizes smaller than the OD of
the tubing.  Every one of them sealed gas and liquid tight.  Everyone of
them is still working great.

The trick is to cut the tubing at an angle, thread it though the small
hole and pull it though with pliers.

There is no need at all to mess with any kind of sealants, glues, epoxy,
or silicone.

It is only a problem if the system operates under pressure. If you are not forcing the CO2 through a stone you don't have leaks. I run under a slight vac, I don't even have to screw the lids on tight.

Bob