Re: [APD] Re: Online Shopping in Canada

On 5/3/05, Rick Engstrom <rick703 at mts_net> wrote:

> the reason for the higher prices is that Big Al's has no retail stores in
> the U.S but they do in Canada.

 Some enterprising Canuck should suggest that PetsMart open a Canadian
online store. :-)
 BTW, the best way to get a deal at your local PetsMart is to take a current
Big Al's price sheet and catalog or a Foster's and Smith catalog. PetSmart
does price matching with catalogs.
 Speaking of deals, Catalina Aquarium http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/ makes
some pretty danged good equipment at reasonable prices. My local independent
fish store get's 48" compact fluorescent lights, customized to their specs,
at a price so low they can make a profit selling them at around $100 for a
130W freshwater setup. The $100 cannister filter is the older Eheim design
and is dead quiet. I like being able to shop for dry goods at the LFS and
spend about what I'd pay online *and* have the LFS make a profit.
 Liz