Lights in Canada, was (Re: [APD] Re: lighting temperature question)

At 01:30 AM 5/3/2005 -0300, you wrote:
>Thanks all for the advice.  You know, once scott explained the white hot
>glowing block at 10,000 deg Kelvin...my early days as a BSc (later changed
>to BA engl. lit. for reasons I won't get into, and probably don't need to)
>all came back.
>
>The issue is that in this small canadian town the only twin tube 13 watt
>compact fluorescent bulbs I can find are 2700 K (for 4.95 CAD).  I've tried
>online for ages, and most is available only through the States for a bit
>more in American dollars...but it's the shipping that is killer.  Plus god
>knows what the duty will be.  Hence, I'll take what I can get here, and it
>seems that it won't make much difference in the end.

Ah. Wel, first off, anything under $20 CAD is tax and duty free. If you
can get them to use USPS not UPS or fedex you'll save the $17 (used to
be $35) brokeage fee from the courier. Over $20 and you pay the post office
$5 + GST + PST but under $20 CAD and they just hand you the package.

Now, I also live in a small Canadian town (or just outside of) and that
actually works in your favour. You probably have a hardware store nearby,
just ask them to order you some lights. If the store carries philips
look online for the philips tubes you want. GE? Same deal.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net