Re: [APD] RE: rocks'n'wood

And have you had any insects infestation problems in those
tanks? I'll bet not. ;-)

I think most of the high tannin woods tend to be insect
resistant, although, I believe it's oleoresin that bothers
the insects -- a nicely drilled little hole becomes sticky
and unaccommodating. Live trees produce more of this when
they are bored by insects (and have nothing else to do).

Presumably, boring insects that are repelled by these trees
have tended to survive better than those that are not. So
even non-living pieces of the trees repel the boring
insects.

Scott H.