[APD] Leaf holes in Crypts

Hi all,
I have some leaf holes in my Cryptocoyne beckettii that is puzzling me.  I
have some snails in the tank but they have not been a problem before.  These
look to be common pond snails.  I also have an Octocinclus in the tank that
I've had for years and has never given me trouble.  The impressions in the
leaves are mostly circular and are larger in diameter than the octo's mouth.
I have a picture at:
http://users.ev1.net/~spituch/leaf_holes.jpg

These are some of the San Marcos River crypts Paul K. and I collected awhile
back before they were exterminated.
Some of the stems have rotted.  I wonder if they are just melting, and will
come back later.

Regards,
Steve Pituch