RE: [APD] monster plant removal

It's unlikely that you can get all the roots out. Even if
you don't cut any and try as hard as possible not to tear
any. Swords, like crypts, can have a heck of a lot of plant
mass meshing around below grade.

But leaving lots of roots spread out over a large area
(actually a large volume) of substrate doesn't seem to be a
big problem -- roots are narrow and and are quickly turned
to mulm.

However, I wouldn't purposely leave a large mass of
material densely located in one area to rot if I could
reasonably avoid it. Diana seems to do okay with her
method; I'm not contradicting her. I'm just saying I'd like
to use the location for a new plant and for that, I'd
prefer not to have a mass of rotting material centered
right there.

I hope others comment on this thread -- especially those
that have left behind enough more rot wads than I.

Scott H.