Re: [APD] Ideal water conditions for Amazon Swords

>> Barr will tell you these are uselss weeds that get tooo big
>> and to some extent he'd right, but with the right trimming
>> you can in effect "Bonsai" them and keep them small. THey
>> like LOTS of iron and incandescent light. I can't explain the
>> latter but I've noticed they do really well under it.
>
>Richard, could I ask what kind of incandescent lighting you are
>using and how far from the water's surface? Also am wondering
>if Canada exacts a fine for wasting electricity:-) Long ago, umm
>decades, I used a combo of grolux fluorescent lighting and clear
>incandescents. Kinda miss how the plants and fish looked
>under that lighting.....

Anything. I grew a bunch once in a 10 gallon tank with a single 20W
tube shapes incandescent bulb. Stupid things owuldn't grow in any
other tank that well.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net