Re: [APD] sand choices

Richard J. Sexton wrote:

At 03:27 PM 4/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:

What's wrong with play sand from Home Depot?  It is usually fairly light
colored and already washed.

-Nick

The "play sand" I've seen has very fine granules and may not be a sound sand
choice:-) Being fine, it will compact, become
anaerobic, which is bad. I used this over a soil underlayment and it quickly
became a nightmare to the eyes.....and olfactories:-)
TIA, YMMV,

I've used it for decades. Works fine. It contains metal particles though
which you could remove with a magnet. I don't bother. Recall Horst
and Kippers water analysis of crypt water. 1.5ppm of both ferric
and ferrous iron.

I take it does not vacuum well?

- C