[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 20, Issue 27

From: Sandra Derrick <mygenericemailname at yahoo_com>
Subject: [APD] sand choices?
To: aquatic plants <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

Hi all, I am planning a 37 gallon cube tank and was
considering using a white sand substrate. I will be
using the Barr method of fertilizing and do not intend
to keep many heavy root feeders in this set-up. Any
suggestions for sand type/brand and where to get it
from would be greatly appreciated. Also I will be
looking for good sources of hard to find plants...any
favorites?
Sandi

Try

http://www.rscrental.com/

Monterey Sand .... not quite white, but it is light colored.
On thre West Coast USA they carry everything from 2/12 to coarse aquarium ... for sand blasting

http://www.whitesandco.com/

Don't get it too fine.

#30 is a bit fine but Kuhlis would love it ;-)

Check all the big building supply and welding shops. Anyone who sells sand blast sand. Beware of angular blasting sand.

bob