[APD] Re: Columbian tetras and plants

I have had Columbians for several years now.  There seem to be two  types in
the stores.  I have both. One type has a much yellower  dorsal.  I have all of
mine in well planted tanks and have never seen any  evidence of them being
interested in doing anything except spawning in  them.  By the way, as far as
being picky, mine spawned in a 50 gallon  community tank, and 5 fry survived in
the plants to grow up in the same  tank.  My water is pH 7.8, 160 ppm.  A
friend of mine has them  happily spawning in pH 7.0. They eat anything and grow
fast.
Carol