[APD] Re:algae and green water

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:27:46 EDT, <REDRAGON40 at aol_com> wrote:

Okay, clue me in.  Why is it that everyone is struggling to get rid of  algae
and I can't grow a stupid tank of green water.  I've used old fish  water,
rain water, tap water, and so many techniques over the years I can't even
recall them all.  Even when I get a green water starter in a 2 L bottle I  can't
get it to stay green no matter where I put it, no matter how I feed it, no
matter how much light I give it.  Could one of you give me some  advice?  Carol

Use tap water, don't dechlorinate it (just allow the chlorine to evaporate away in 24 hours - obviously won't work if you've got Chloramine), add Miracle-gro (or similar, any fertiliser containing ammonia/urea) and leave in sunlight (but not so it gets overhot).

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.