[APD] RE: Why algae does not grow

TB: "Algae live how long? I mean=>each cell?
Maybe a month for many species we have issues with.
How long do plants live? Much much longer.
So if the algae stop growing, they eventually die off.
The plants remain.
If you focus on the plant's needs, then the algae no longer grow."

But that still doesn't answer the question. If it were possible to perform an autopsy on algae that died off because you focused on the plants needs, what would it show? What basic life process in the algae has been interrupted?

TW