[APD] Re: dirt, moderate CO2, and moderate light

RPH said in part:

"I also do not see comparing any method to hydroponics as any valid
comparison.
I also do not see comparing any method to hydroponics as any valid
comparison.
Hydroponics uses a method for one thing and one thing only...rapid growth."

I beg to differ.  Exactly where is that carved in stone?  Nowhere at my
house.
If you care to look into the topic, you will find that that there are as
many
techniques for hydroponic growth as there are for aquatic plant growth.
Some
crops in commercial operations may be run for speed, but that is a secondary
to trivial consideration in many hobby circumstances.  After all, could not
the same casual slur be thrown at high tech tanks?

Hydroponics is a plant growth technique, period.  It has no more inherent
bias
toward speed unless the operator chooses that and operates accordingly than
does the practice of growing plants in glass or plastic boxes.

Robert