[APD] Re:Otos in a tanganyikan tank

Carol

You asked how I acclimated the Oto's to the Tanganyican tank. I didn't really. I just brought them home from the store and dumped them in. I did loose about three or four when I first set up the tank over a period of three months. I only saw one of them dead. Its skull was floating. I saved the bones. Very neat at 25 x magnification. I just bought three or four more about two weeks ago. They have all survived so far. They stay at the top on the driftwood or the Anubias-Java Fern pile. The ocellatus pester them when they are at the bottom. I feed a mixture of Ocean Nutrition Reef Formula One and Formula Two mini pellets and flakes. Occasionally I add crushed snails and frozen bloodworms. Every once in a while I throw in a few algae tablets for the Oto's. They are all fat. I was hoping they would spawn.

Jerry Smith