Re: [APD] Tanganyika shell-dweller tank

Liz

I forgot to list Hygrophila polysperma "Rosanervig" I have growing in my 37 gal at work. Also, I have Golden Ocellatus. I haven't had any severe algae from the start, just some hazy growth on the glass that requires cleaning once a month. I saw one small patch of BGA about a month ago but removed it with my hand and haven't seen it since. That was the same time I started dosing with the dry fertilizers.

I find the height of my 37 gallon tank is wasted with these shell dwellers. (It is great for the C. usteriana and C. retrospiralis though). The ocellatus never come within 8 inches of the top. Soon after I set up this 37 I was given a 38 gallon tank. I didn't switch over to it yet because this tank and its plants is doing so well. I am collecting the stuff I need though. I am thinking of how to put a sump in this 38 gallon set up.

Jerry Smith in Bloomingdale, NJ