Re: [APD] Phosphate dosing

About half that amount should be plenty for most
situations, which will get you about 1 ppm after dosing.
How often you dose dpends on how many and how hungry your
plants. Also, some folks have orthophosphates in their
tapwater right off the bat, uh, er tap, sothat should be
taken into account.

The dosing amounts don't have to be exact but you should
get good results with roughly a 10 to 1 ratio of nitrate to
ortho-phosphate with about 10 ppm of nitrate. Not all
plants use precisely the same amounts/rates but that seems
to work out to a pretty good balance and, for me, it's an
easy pair of numbers to remember. If you dose with
potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate, that will
provide adequate potassium too. If you want a bit more, you
can use Tropica Master Grow instead of, say, Seachem
Flourish, since TMG has a higher potassium content
(although a lower iron content).

Have plants, have funs,
Scott H.