Re: [APD] Most tapwater has little CO2

When I used to use a bucket to change water I always had extreme "pearling" on the glass sides, as well as the plants, for several hours afterwards, even with plastic plants. But, my last aquarium was so big I used a permanent plumbing arrangement to change water direct from the house cold water line, and got no pearling on the glass, but considerable pearling on the live plants. Another difference is that with the bucket and small tank, I changed about 2/3 of the water at a time, but with the large tank I only changed 15%. I assumed it was from having oxygen rich water. Now, after reading this thread, I am assuming that the new water was rich in CO2, as well as nitrogen and oxygen.