Re: [APD] RE: Water changes, CO2 tanks, and non CO2 tanks

I wouldn't recommend across the board that tanks without
added CO2 not get large regular water changes -- Not saying
Tom said otherwise, I'm just want to express a point.

Not all tap has a lot of CO2 in it and in places where it
does, it's not all year round. Also, diff tanks without
added CO2 can vary from each other a lot in terms of fish
load, how fast organics build up, amount of light, etc. In
addition, folks without added CO2 are often beginners that
aren't going to be using a lot of test kits and water
changes are a good way to keep things from building up too
much. ONe has to decide between possibly needing to dose
ferts if doing regular large water changes and possibly
having unwanted accumulations if one foregoes them.

Water changes are probably a safer bet as a general
recommendation.  Once a tank is relatively established, one
can start to space water changes farther apart and see how
far one can go without developing problems. But I'm sure
others have diff views, too.

Regular waterchanges also help some of us to remember to do
some of the more thorough maintenance ;-)

Scott H.