RE: [APD] Alligator Gar

I live in the Houston area about a block from Galveston bay. I'm not  sure of
the correct names are but there are 2 different fish that  commonly referred
to as Gar. The first is a freshwater fish, I have seen  them 3 to 4 feet long
(I'm not sure how big they get). The freshwater Gar is  often call a Fish Gar,
it has a long skinny nose. The other Gar is a saltwater  fish and I have seen
them at least 8 ft. long, this is the one I call an  alligator gar because
it's nose is still long but it is a lot wider than the  nose of the Fish Gar.