Re: [APD] Re: Killing Weeds

>I don't know about the Riccia.  But if it is really that plant,
>it is most unlikely that it could survive in a cold, dark northern winter,
>let alone grow to nuisance proportions.

Oh it really was Riccia fluitans. It's supposed to be here though according
to some book I have. R. triscula is common as dirt here in april, but I've
only seen fluitans that one time.

>H. polysperma has been known to overwinter in Connecticut.  But I doubt that
>the environment is friendly enough for it to prosper.
>
>The main nuisance plants in Northern New York are such species as
>Potamogeton crispus and Myriophyllum spicatum, both of which originated in
>Europe and are on the invasive plant list.  I caught both of them on one
>cast while fishing for bass in a bay on Lake Ontario.

Yeha they're all over the place in lakes here, but I havn't seen them
in rivers, ponds or swamps (yet).

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://killifish.vrx.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://www.vrx.net