Re: [APD] Re: killing weeds

--- Thomas  Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net> wrote:

> "I thought now would be a good time to start a
> thread on this subject.
> How does everyone else dispose of their weeds?
> clippings?
> and dirty duckweed containing water?
> so as to keep it from getting into the environment?
> what are the best and easiest ways to do this?
> -derek parr"
>
> Do not release any water, plants or animals from an
> aquarium into a street, storm drains, streams, bay,
> lagoon, or the ocean. Only dump aquarium water into
> a sink or toilet(wastewater goes to septic or a
> water treatment plant with chlorine).

I live in New Jersey, and dump my water out onto my
garden or landscaping. It's about 5 - 10 gal at a
time, so I guess the issue is if I'm close enough to a
watershed for the water to get into the ecosystem.
I've always done it this way in an attempt to save
water, and figured it was chock full of goodies.
Plants get snipped and placed in a plastic bag, tied
up, and thrown away. I've never frozen them, I guess
it wouldn't hurt to toss them in the freezer for a
day, although I tend to forget when I do stuff like
that. Probably not as bad as the time I put frozen
rats for my snake in the freezer and forgot to tell my
wife... ;-)

-David Wren-Hardin
-http://home.comcast.net/~amygdala/