[APD] disposal of plants

Well.. I had always just let clippings sit out in the air without water so that they dried out and died over night.  Then, into the trash can they go.  But now I'm wondering if that's truly killing them - might they survive in the dump?  I guess the best way would be to autoclave the buggers, wrap them in plastic, put them in a biohazard box and ship them to be incinerated with other medical waste!  Or, at least thats what we do with transgenic plants.. hehehe.. talk about overkill.  (I'm teasing!)

How do others do this?

--
Sarah M. Lardizabal
Wildlife Conservation