Re: [APD] Re: BGA Advice

--- Nick Wilhite <nickw at rpeinc_net> wrote:
> . . .I don't know the effect KNO3 will have on an
> unplanted tank. . .

An algae bloom most likely. Nitrate level would have to get
pretty darn high to stress the fish badly, given the
amounts we dose for gardening purposes. As others have
mentioned, what added KNO3 does is help the plants when
they aren't getting enough, and that helps keep the BGA at
bay after you've cleaned up. That effect is seriously
undermined in a fish only tank ;-) .

> S. Hieber.....Great article...."Guide to Easy Planted
> Tanks" in the Aquarium Fish Magazine, April 2005!  Keep
> it up!!!!

Kind words. The credit belongs to Jonathon Dooley's
excellent photograph, which I think is right up there with
some of Warhol's better stuff.

sh