Re: [APD] BGA --

Sterilise your waste water before release.
If you were really worried about putting undesirable organisms back into the
real world from your aquarium you could chlorinate your waste water at 200
ppm useable chlorine  (about 303gm calcium hyperchlorite per 1000litres) for
an hour contact then leave it for a week before discharge into the sewage
system.   I have to do this here (NT Australia) with new fish and plants
from other areas under Dept of Fisheries supervision, conditions on my
aquaculture licence.    They don't want disease, snails, algae or other
nasties from different areas here.   It has meant that I rarely have any
diseae problems.   However there are plenty of algae here to take over when
you are slack.

I know large public aquariums here also sterilise their waste water before
discharge.

Cheers
Dave in Darwin