[APD] Re: BGA Advice

Fran wrote

>To each of you who has responded to my request for help with my husband's unplanted cichlid tank's BGA infestation -- both on and off list -- I thank you!

Are you going to use the KNO3 in an unplanted tank?  I may be wrong but I don't think it will do any good. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

My understanding is to give the plants what they need to grow and they will out compete the algae for the nutrients.  I don't know the effect KNO3 will have on an unplanted tank.  Tom Barr or S. Hieber would know the answer to this.

S. Hieber.....Great article...."Guide to Easy Planted Tanks" in the Aquarium Fish Magazine, April 2005!  Keep it up!!!!

Nick W.