[APD] Re: Ideal Lights (Formatted better, I hope)

'I'm referring to the current fashion statement of "the more K the better" in fluorescent tubes.'

Yes, it really -is- a fashion statement in that the coloration of the stuff in the tank (fish, plants, rocks, drunken skeletons...) is taking primary consideration now that we've got the intensity thang covered. Things just look better with bluer lights, but I suppose there's an upper limit.
"Algae do better with blue light"Dang, there goes my hope that some new 8800K PC lamps might harass the GD algae. Where'd you read that?"Plants need more red than blue"I thought plants had two kinds of chlorophyll, one uses blue and the other red?TW