Re: [APD] Removal of BGA

At 11:36 AM 2/28/2005 +1100, you wrote:
>The easiest sure fire method to get rid of BGA is to add Erythromycin at a
rate of 250mg per 200 litres and wait a few days and it is completely gone.

I've never seen erythromyacin do anything except cloud water. And
while I'm sure it kills BGA I cannot think anythin but that it's messy
nasty stuff. I'm staring at a tank now I treated last tuesday w h202. By
thursday the BGA was all dead and the tank is still clear and
Crypt. blasii is growing unimpeded. In my water at my temperatures
this is the least robust of all crypts here.

(ironically in my wifes tank which is much warmer blassii grows
like a weed, but she hates crytpts. Oh the irony)

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net