Re: [APD] open top tanks and compact fluorescent lighting

I think that would be far enough away to avoid all but the
most vigorous splashing and determined but ill-fated
jumpers. Be alert that, without a top cover, the odds of
dropping a light into the water are higher. All the more
reason to have your lights plugged into a GFCI.

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.
--- Linkindoc at aol_com wrote:

> Has anyone tried mounting compact fluorescent lights over
> an open  tank?  I
> would like to attach a 55 watt fixture from AH Supply on
> the  underside of a
> shelve that is 11 inches above my 29 gallon tank.  I
> would prefer not to have a
> cover on this tank and am wondering if the fixture  would
> be far enough above
> the water for this to work.
> Denise

=====
_Aquarium Plants_, Christel Kasselmann, will be speaking about plants and tanks at the NEC 30th Annual Convention

It's not too late to register. Get info at:

http://www.northeastcouncil.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index