Re: [APD] re: problem with tank/regulator seal

Rule of thumb: tapered threads pull two pieces together so
that the sidewalls seals against each other at the threads
-- usually requiring thread sealant (putty or tape).
Non-tapered threads pull two pieces together so that mating
surfaces on the ends meet and seal--usually requiring a
washer.