[APD] Re: Needle Valve / Metering Valve for CO2

At 08:55 2/18/2005, James P wrote:
I'll be moving in a few months and want to be able to have one CO2 cylinder
serve a number of tanks.

First, you do NOT need a manifold or anything very expensive. You need:

A CO2 cylinder and a regulator (bet you have these)
One master needle valve
One trimmer valve and one diffusor per tank

The master needle valve should be Fabco NV-55 or better
The trimmer valves can be most anything, I happen to like the Fabco.
The diffusors should be the kind you like, I like Eheim sintered glass

I sell valve and diffusor for $50 or 6 sets for $200. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
The system I am recommending above does not need a manifold.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco NE5EE gomberg1 at wcf dot com
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that work!