[APD] Re: planting Lilaeopsis

Joshua,

I agree with James, but would add a detail.  Lilaeopsis doesn't branch very
quickly after it's transplanted.  Only the tips of the runners will produce
new growth -- at least initially.  I have found that the plants are far easier
to plant and lawns establish more quickly if I plant just the end section of
each runner -- usually with two leaves.  You can also find places in the
middle of runners where new branches have formed and trim out and plant just
that part of the runner.

With that method you end up throwing away a lot of the plant, but you avoid
trying to plant whole runners and you don't end up with lawns that are
gathering algae faster than they are growing.

Roger Miller