[APD] Re: Screw in bulbs

Thanks for this info.  I just set-up a little 10 gallon and bought the
incandescent hood and the little u-shaped screw in florescent bulbs for it.
I was hoping it would work out well for plants.  For now though, I am just
going to use it as a transition tank.  I just moved and my tanks are still
set-up at my old location.  I have been trying to figure out a reasonable
way to move them.  I figure one at a time (they are both 29 gallons, but
with low fish populations) using this pre-cycled 10 gallon as an immediately
ready tank and then cycling and preparing the freshly moved tank in its new
location.  I am lucky in that the water parameters are pretty close in this
location as the last, so hopefully it will be an easy adjustment for both my
fish and my plants.  In the meantime, I spend a lot of time being paranoid
about the care my tanks are getting in their old location.  ;-)

Tina