Re: [APD] Re: Where to find needle valve?

Very good run down onthe choices, Dave. It's a matter of
economy and convenience. Btw, Swageloks aren't hard to
find; you can get them online from through the
manufacturer's website:

http://www.swagelok.com/products/

Scott H.
--- Dave Gomberg <dave1 at wcf_com> wrote:

> At 16:44 2/17/2005, Chris Hotte wrote:
>
> >Well I'm tired of it! This is a nightmare.
>

> OK, Chris, here is the master list of valves:
>
> Pinch valve $2  ok for trimming if you have no money
> Clippard  about $15-20 including shipping, ok for
> trimming, not ready for
> primetime as a sonic valve
> Fabco NV-55  $27 from me including shipping, this valve
> is worth twice the
> price, very good
> Swagelok used to make a pretty great valve, but it
> appears to be hard to
> find them now.   They are about as good as the Fabco, but
> cost about twice
> as much and are not as easy to adapt to tubing.
> Hoke Micro-metering $175 or so, these are wonderful
> valves, the world's
> best, much better than all the above, but they sure cost
> a lot.
>
> Good luck in your search.....
>

> --
> Dave Gomberg, San Francisco    NE5EE       gomberg1 at
> wcf dot com
> http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that
> work!
> 500th System Sale: 6 Fabco needle valves and 6 Eheim
> diffusors
>   Regularly $300 postpaid, now $200 postpaid   Gas those
> other tanks!
>
> --
> Dave Gomberg, San Francisco    NE5EE       gomberg1 at
> wcf dot com
> http://www.wcf.com/co2iron for low cost CO2 systems that
> work!
> 500th System Sale: 6 Fabco needle valves and 6 Eheim
> diffusors
>   Regularly $300 postpaid, now $200 postpaid   Gas those
> other tanks!

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT