RE: [APD] Inverting CO2 tank

Well, now we're getting somewhere. Can you tell us what
kind of flow rate you had things set at? Do you know what
part(s) made the "bang?" How was the equipment afterwards.

Did you inspect the equipment right when it happened and
were there signs of ice formation anywhere?

sh

--- Graham Broadbridge <graham at peachy_org> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> >Running an outlet tube up past the tank and putting the
> regulator on
> the end of that is one way to keep the
> >regulator up above the tank.
>
> > But hey, have you guys laid a tank down to see if what
> you are saying
> is true? That the regulator freezes and
> > and the CO2 doesn't flow right, etc.?
>
> > Try a little empircism; you might be surprised.
>
> Scott, I did the experiment after you posted your post a
> few days ago.
> I'm using a rented 6kg cylinder from BOC gasses.  I laid
> it on it's side
> and was quite happy with it that way.
>
> Last night it went BANG right around 2:53 am (the time is
> burned in my
> brain).   The whole room with the fishtank was full of
> fog and I had to
> open all the windows to get rid of the fog.
>
> I think I'll trust the propellor heads from now on :-)
>
> Graham.

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT