[APD] RE: Acid/pH

> From: "Bill D" <billinet at comcast_net>
> So my hypothetical question is, given two low light tanks with adequate
> nutrients and carbon provided by Excel, will the tank with pH of 7.0 grow
> most plants better than the one with a pH of 8.2?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

Hypothetically they will do the same. In both cases, the needs of the
plants are being met using the Excel as a carbon source primarily.
If you run the tank carbon limited, then the higher pH wt hat possesses
more total DIC carbon would fair better.
DIC: CO2 or HCO3 are nutrients. Plants can change the HCO3 form and do this
in a few different ways.

Regards,
Tom Barr