Re: [APD] Re:Ph meters

Just fyi, I recently met someone that has been doing pH
measurements up and down the Rio Negro for about 16 years
or more and has some very expensive pH measurement
equipment. His recommendation is to get the inexpensive
Hanna (which btw) goes for about $30 these days.

sh
--- Raj <ggrk at blr_vsnl.net.in> wrote:

> Carol,
>
>          I have some Hanna and one called pHScan, I think
> that its made in
> Singapore. The Hanna ones I have are obsolete now, I am
> not familiar with
> the newer models. They make good stuff and the
> construction quality
> internally if good. pHScan BNC has buttons to calibrate
> and make life easy.
> Its hand held but the probe is separate
> http://www.eutechinst.com/ is their
> web site.

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT